Hotels and resorts continue to be one of the most popular career paths for people looking for a job in the hospitality industry.
There are many reasons for this, from the sheer variety of positions that are available, to the fact that many hotels and resorts offer excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Is hotels/resorts a good career path?
Yes, it is. Hotels and resorts have been steadily growing in popularity as a career path for those looking for a stable job with good pay and benefits.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the employment of hoteliers and resort managers is projected to grow by about 21 percent from 2013 to 2023, much faster than the average for all occupations.
There are many reasons why this is a great career choice for those looking for a long-term commitment. First, hotels and resorts offer excellent pay and benefits, including good health care and retirement plans. Second, the industry is very stable, with low unemployment rates.
Finally, guests at hotels and resorts often stay with the same company multiple times over the course of their trip, providing plenty of opportunities to develop strong relationships with clients.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in hotels or resorts, be sure to research the different options available before making a decision. There are many great jobs out there waiting for you, so don’t wait too long to start your journey!
Read Also: Is food distributors a good career path?
What is The Hospitality Industry?
The hospitality industry is one of the oldest and most popular industries in the United States. It employs over 2 million workers and accounts for $525 billion in economic activity each year.
The industry is composed of a variety of different businesses, including hotels, casinos, restaurants, nightclubs, convention centers, and spas.
The hospitality industry offers a variety of career opportunities that can be perfect for those who are looking for a stable job with good pay and benefits. In addition to being able to earn a good salary, many hospitality workers enjoy excellent working conditions and opportunities for advancement.
Things to consider
If you are interested in pursuing a career in the hospitality industry, there are a number of things you need to know.
First, you should consider your skills and abilities. Are you good at interacting with people? Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced environment? Do you have previous restaurant experience?
Once you have determined what skills you have that make you stand out from other candidates, it is important to learn more about the industry.
What are the typical requirements for training in the hospitality industry? Do employers generally require licenses or certification? Do they prefer recent graduates or experienced professionals? Once you have answered these questions, it is time to explore the available opportunities.
The hospitality industry is a large and diverse field, and there are many opportunities available to those who are willing to explore them. If you are interested in pursuing a career in the industry, be sure to research all of your options and find the best fit for you
Why you should Choose a career in the Hotel Industry
Hotels and resorts are always in demand, as people from all over the world flock to stay in them. This industry is one that is constantly growing, which means that there are many opportunities for those who are willing to work hard. Here are a few reasons why you should choose a career in the hotel industry:
1. While there may be some variability based on location, the average hotel room rates across the U.S. are increasing by 3-5% annually.
This means that there is always room for new talent in this industry, and it remains one of the most stable and recession-resistant jobs.
2. There is never a dull moment when it comes to working in the hotel industry – whether you’re managing a property or serving guests at the front desk.
As new trends emerge and technology evolves, hotels must be able to keep up with these changes so that their guests have an enjoyable experience.
3. Hotel staff members enjoy high levels of job satisfaction due to the variety of tasks that they are often required to do – from cleaning rooms to providing excellent customer service.
If you enjoy interacting with people and have a good sense of detail, a career in the hotel industry could be perfect for you.
4. The hotel industry is one of the most family-friendly jobs out there, as many properties offer childcare services for parents who need to work. Plus, many hotels have on-site restaurants and entertainment options that are perfect for families.
5. Working in the hotel industry can lead to a number of opportunities for advancement – from becoming a general manager or overseeing all aspects of a property to becoming a consultant and providing guidance to other hotels in your area.
There are always new challenges to be faced, and with hard work and dedication, it is possible to achieve anything that you set your mind to.
6. You’ll make a lot of money. According to the BLS, the average annual wage for hotel managers and supervisors was $98,280 as of May 2016.
That’s more than double the average wage for all U.S. occupations, which was $41,480 per year as of May 2016. In addition, many hotel managers and supervisors receive bonus payments and other forms of compensation that can add up to significant earnings over time.
7. You’ll have lots of opportunities for growth. The BLS projects that employment opportunities in the hospitality industry will grow by 10 percent from 2007 to 2016, which is much faster than the average for all U.S.
8. You’ll have great retirement benefits. Many hotel managers and supervisors receive excellent retirement benefits, including 401(k) plans with matching contributions from their employers. And many employers also provide other forms of retirement savings, such as pensions.
9. You’ll have a lot of autonomy and control over your career path. As a hotel manager or supervisor, you’ll be in charge of all aspects of the operations of your particular hotel or resort.
This gives you a lot of freedom to create your own job duties and responsibilities, as well as to set the policies and procedures that govern how your staff operates.
10. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a variety of interesting and challenging environments. Hotel and resort management is a highly diverse field, with jobs in everything from small family-owned hotels to large chains with thousands of employees.
This means you’ll always have new challenges and opportunities to explore, which can be fun and rewarding in its own right.
Best Paying Jobs in Hospitality Industry
One of the most popular careers in hospitality is being a hotel or resort worker. It’s a great option if you’re looking for a job with good pay and plenty of opportunities for advancement. Here are five of the best-paying jobs in the hospitality industry.
1. Hotel Manager
The average salary for a hotel manager is around $92,000 per year. This is one of the highest-paying positions in the industry, and it offers a lot of opportunities for advancement. You can become a manager at a small hotel or a major chain, and you’ll have plenty of opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career.
2. Food and Beverage Service Manager
Food and beverage service managers earn an average salary of $74,000 per year. They typically oversee the kitchen staff and work to ensure that the food and drinks served in a restaurant or hotel are of high quality.
3. Resort Manager
Resort managers typically earn a salary of $103,000 per year. Their job includes overseeing all aspects of the resort, from marketing to guest service to business operations.
4. Event Planner
Event planners typically earn a salary of $100,000 or more per year. They work with clients to create unique events that reflect their brand and personality.
5. Graphic Designer / Web & Print Designer
Graphic designers and web & print designers earn an average salary of $86,000 per year. They design the graphics and layouts for brochures, websites, and other promotional materials.
Housekeepers may not be as well-known as other positions in the hospitality industry, but they’re still one of the most popular choices.
The average salary for a housekeeper is around $28,000 per year, which is pretty low compared to some other jobs in the industry. But housekeepers don’t need any formal training to start working, and they usually have regular shifts that allow them to earn a good income.
Bartenders are another position that’s often overlooked by people looking for good jobs in hospitality. But bartenders are some of the most in-demand employees in the industry. They can earn a good salary and have opportunities for advancement, especially if they have experience working in a high-end restaurant.
8. Food and Beverage Server
Food and beverage servers are other positions that are often overlooked by people looking for good jobs in hospitality. But food and beverage servers can make a lot of money if they’re qualified and lucky. The average salary for a food and beverage server is around $21,000 per year, which is pretty good when you compare it to other jobs in the industry.
9. Event Planner
Event planners are one of the most sought-after positions in the hospitality industry. They can earn a good salary and have opportunities for advancement, especially if they have experience working with events of all kinds. The average salary for an event planner is around $45,000 per year.
If you’re looking for a high-paying career in the hospitality industry, look no further than hotels and resorts.
Benefits of Working in a Hotel or Resort
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), employment opportunities in the hospitality industry are projected to grow by 10 percent from 2007 to 2016, which is much faster than the average for all U.S. occupations.
In addition, the BLS reports that these jobs are some of the most rewarding in terms of pay and retirement benefits.
Looking for a new career? Working in a hotel or resort may be a good option for you! Here are some of the benefits of this career path:
– Flexible hours: You can work as much or as little as you want, depending on your schedule.
– Variety: You’ll never get bored working in a hotel or resort because there are always new things to see and do.
– Great pay and benefits: Hotel and resort workers typically make a good pay and enjoy excellent benefits, such as health insurance, retirement savings plans, and vacation time.
– Opportunities to learn: As a hotel or resort worker, you’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills and develop your career.
– A chance to make a difference: Hotel and resort workers are often responsible for making guests happy and providing them with excellent service. This can be a great opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in a hotel or resort, be sure to check out the job listings online or contact your local recruiting agency.
Disadvantages of Working in a Hotel or Resort
When it comes to choosing a career, many people think of hotel or resort workers as a desirable option. However, there are a few disadvantages to consider before making this decision.
The first disadvantage is that hotel and resort jobs are often seasonal. This means that they are usually only available during certain times of the year
Another disadvantage is that hotel and resort workers often have low wages. This can make it difficult to support a family on a single income
In addition, hotel and resort workers may have to work long hours. This can be especially challenging if you’re looking for a balanced lifestyle.
Finally, many people think of hotel and resort work as glamorous. However, this isn’t always the case. In fact, many hotels and resorts are very demanding and require a lot of hard work.
If you’re interested in a career in the hotel or resort industry, it’s important to take these disadvantages into account before making a decision.
How to find a Hotel and Resorts Job
If you are thinking about a career in the hotel and resort industry, it is important to find the right path. Here are some tips to help you get started:
1. Start by researching the industry.
Read industry news, blogs, and magazines to get an understanding of what is happening in the market. This will help you understand what jobs are available and which companies are hiring.
2. Network with people in the industry.
Attend job fairs, meetups, and other events where you can network with potential employers. Ask them questions about their businesses, and learn about their hiring process.
3. Be open to new opportunities.
If an opportunity arises that you think may be a good fit for your skills and experience, don’t be afraid to take a look at it. Chances are, if an employer is looking for someone specific, they will let you know.
4. Prepare yourself for a long job search.
It may take several months or even years to find a job in the hotel and resorts industry, so be prepared to put in a lot of hard work.
5. Stay positive and motivated.
It can be hard to find a job in the hospitality industry, but it is an exciting and rewarding field. Keep your spirits high, and believe that you will eventually find the right opportunity.
If you are interested in learning more about the hotel and resorts industry, check out our online course, The Complete Guide to Hotel and Resort Management.
Skills Needed to Excel in The Hotel and Resort Career
To be successful in the hotel and resort industry, you’ll need to have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You’ll also need to be a good problem-solver, be able to work independently, and be organized. In addition, you’ll need to have excellent customer service skills.
Some other skills you might need include:
- Strong organizational skills
- Proven experience in the hotel and resort industry
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills
Educational requirements for a career in Hotel and Resorts Industry
In order to work in the hotel and resort industry, you will need a degree in hospitality or tourism. However, not all degrees are equal. Some schools may require more practical training than others. It is also important to research which employers are looking for specific skills, and to take classes that will help you develop those skills.
If you are interested in a career in the hotel and resort industry, it is important to start planning your education now. You may want to consider pursuing a degree in hospitality or tourism at a community college or university.
Once you have completed your degree, you will want to research the best options for training and certification. There are many programs available that can help you develop the necessary skills
Many people see hotel or resort work as a glamorous and exciting career, but is it really the right choice for them? The short answer is no, not always.
There are many factors to consider before making a decision about whether or not this type of work is for you, including your skills and experience, how much money you want to make, and what you’re looking for in a career. If you’re unsure if this is the right path for you, talk to someone who can help guide you in the right direction.